Thursday, August 9, 2012

California Common Core Standards

Hello Teachers!
If your school is adopting the Common Core Standards, you may be feeling just like me....a little overwhelmed! While I do like these new standards, they are lengthy and have a lot of things added, taken away and changed from the old CA State Standards. Not to mention the format of the standards is a list of EVERY grade! So, to help myself get organized and as a reference for 2nd grade only, I created a table. Below they are listed for both ELA and Math, each table includes the strand, standard, and a blank column. I will use the blank column for planning, and to take note of which unit or week I will teach the standard. I haven't gotten quite that far yet though! Hope these are helpful to you :)

Mathematics Common Core Standards - California
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFJsWc3ZdoseDoHVNl0IK0pIt5aUvrYsXMJ5ZUoT5Z0/edit


English Language Arts Common Core Standards - California
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1obhXwqRbfyHhMRyWFHKwUNEDXe7r21o2MxrWYb-0g6g/edit


No comments:

Post a Comment