Saturday, September 8, 2012

Book Report Cards

My students have DEAR Time aka silent reading everyday after lunch. It's a quiet thing for them to do to wind down, and during this time I also pull students to read with me, or work on other things. This year I've started something new for the kids to show understanding of what they've read - Book Report Cards! It's a simple idea I got from a college, students fill out a mini book report on an index card for each book they read. They keep the cards on a ring (I got mine at Lakeshore) and at the end of the year they can see how many books they've read!

 We made an anchor chart together so the students can have a reference of what goes on their book report cards. 



The cards are kept right next to their book bins for easy access.

No comments:

Post a Comment