Saturday, September 8, 2012

Alphabet Around the Room

Hello Teachers!
I've found a lot of cool art lessons on crayola.com that tie into core subjects, this one can be used for ELA. For the "Alphabet Around the Room" activity, I changed it a bit and made block letters on white paper, then the students were able to design them. That is the art part.
I also had the students help me glue them onto a construction paper background to add more color. I laminated them for the next step.
For ELA, the students added their name to the correct letter card, and other words. Sometimes if someone finishes early or we have free time, I give the students a white board marker and they add a word. It's fun and easy! This activity could be varied in so many ways, and I love the visual aspect of it too!
Here is a link to the original lesson: http://www.crayola.com/for-educators/lesson-plans/lesson-plan/alphabet-around-the-room.aspx






No comments:

Post a Comment